Yet another fabulous line up on the Chic Perspectives Show this week.Â Laura Scholz of Scholz Communications http://www.facebook.com/scholzcommunications and CRAVE Atlanta was my guest cohost this week on the Chic Perspectives Show.Â So we got to chat about all thatâ€™s up with CRAVE and the great events going on around Atlanta.Â For more on all that go toÂ http://thecravecompany.com/atlanta/
Our first guest was Jennifer Shields Founder & President, Posh Tot Events
After a 12 year corporate career in marketing Jennifer Shields left corporate America, (and all the perks) behind, to follow her dream of becoming an entrepreneur. She turned her passion for planning events into Posh Tot Events, a full service event planning company that specializes in childrenâ€™s birthday parties and baby showers
Jennifer talked about why someone would hire an event planner for a kids birthday party.
- Posh Tot Events provides a niche service for busy moms that want to throw a great party for their children but are short on time, creativity or both!
- Posh Tot Events takes ALL of the stress out planning a party making it fun and relaxing for the moms
- We are offering a summer Princess Camp this year for girls that is targeted towards 4-6 year olds with an emphasis on manners and etiquette. Registration info available at poshtotevents.com
- We have several themes for boys as well as girls and many of our clients come back year after year and always get something fresh and new.
Be sure to check them out @ www.poshtotevents.com
And become a friend of Posh Tot Events @ Facebook.com/poshtotevents
Keep up with the latest @ twitter/jenshieldsATL
Next up were the wonderful women of roam Atlanta, a one-of-a-kind business cafe and meeting space that is open to the pulic located at 5815 Windward Parkway Suite 302, Alpharetta, United States, 30005
Susan Rae, roam writer and Marketing Director and Gale Middleton, the Director of Membership @ roam Atlanta joined me in the studio.
Suan and Gale talked about how members and patrons enjoy free wifi in the cafe and can order breakfast, lunch, coffee, wine & beer.Â They also have access to 8 small, medium, and large conference rooms for private meetings, seminars, and networking events.
Susan promotes roam sponsored & member events as well as launching roamâ€™s marketing programs.Â Gale provides support to members to help them grow their businesses.
I can speak from experience and say that roam offers â€œinsanely greatâ€ meeting experiences.Â f you are the kind of person who wants to maintain a professional image without paying for expensive office space or meeting clients in coffee shops, roam is the place for you.
- roam is the only co-working and meeting space that is open to the public.
- roam serves its patrons as a co-working spot, its members as a private meeting space and corporations as an off site meeting space, and the community with seminars, special interest groups and education.
- roam members get marketing support as part of their membership.Â They promote their events via the roam newsletter, website, social media sites and with flyers and inhouse marketing and through the Georgia Alliance of Private Clubs.
- roam patrons meet other entrepreneurs in the cafe and at events to network, share experiences and make new connections.
Susan and Gale told us all about a new program roam just launched called the â€œGet a Roomâ€ campaign.Â They are offering 2 hours free in a small conference room with free coffee service of their award winning custom blend – Just mention that you heard about it on the show – and stop by roam Atlanta and take advantage of this great free offer to try the place out – and get a room!
roam has also formed a relationship with Steelcase Corporation and is test driving their media:scape collaboration furniture from April 13-May 1.Â They also have a new series especially for women call WE @ roam: Women Entrepreneurs, Women of Excellence and Womenâ€™s Events – Check out whatâ€™s coming up:
- The One-page Business Plan Workshop is Wed. April 21 from 9-11am
- Shop the Swap: Clothing & Accessory Swap – Sat April 24, 2-4pm, with dropoff 11:30-1:00pm
- And Iâ€™m speaking there at an after hours mixer on May 6th at 6pmÂ – so you know that will be awesome : )
find out more about roam atlanta @ www.roamatlanta.com and become friends and followers @ facebook/roamatlanta and twitter.com/roamatlanta
Thanks to you all for listening.
Until next time
Wishing you all Chic Success,